Stage 2 and Stage 4 use an unusal container. The lid seems to be not self-explaining. Some teams left the containers unsealed and water entered causing damage to the stages.
To close the lid properly: Clean the seal, unscrew completely (CCW), place lid and guide the three edges under the holding features. Then srew closed (CW).
If the edges are not hooked into their receiving counterpart, no force can be applied by the screw to press the lid tightly shut.Please make sure that the lid is tight and irremovable bevore advancing to the next stage!
Here's a short video explaining the lids.
It is required to register for this cache for the following reasons:
Logs without registration are subject to deletion
- make sure that no team caches around full moon (hunt)
- make sure that an energy adapter is waiting for you
- make sure that no team meet unwillingly
(refresh the lisitng with Ctrl+F5 to see the latest calendar):
to register please click on the image above.
2h distance between two teams is required!.
- do not post unecessary Write note's with regard to the watchlist
- drop coins together with your log with regards to the watchlist avoid Coin drop Notes!
- be sure to post no spoilers regarding how to solve a stage and which toot to use!
- Non premium members can use this link
- Coin Drop- and register-Notes will be deleted without comment.
- 2 fresh 9V blockbatteries, keep one for the final, Attention! Zink-Coal batteries will NOT work
- digital camera with option to use exposure times of about 1s as well as 20-30s, a DSLR is recommended
- Tripod for your Camera
- knowledge of a certain method to transfer messages using light-signals of different length (take a complete table!)
- bright flashlight (LED Lenser, Maglite) (Attention: the flashlight has to emit continous light, PWM modulated lights like Olight M20 will not work!
- a rubber band for Stage 4
- Umbrella to protect the Stages against rain
|CP||PARK||Parking (Parking)||N 48° 51.583 E 008° 26.584|
|F1||GOCKEL||The Head forester (Virtual Stage)||N 48° 51.567 E 008° 26.544|
|Hint:||When was Head Forester Mr. Gockel on duty?|
|H1||HELPER||Helper Cache (Physical Stage)||N 48° 51.567 E 008° 26.468|
Please only take one Adapter and replace here after completion!
Some reflectors show the way near Stage 1
|S1||STAGE1||Stage 1 (The Hole) (Physical Stage)||???|
|Hint:||N 48° 51.[Anno Gockel - 1398] E 8° 26.[Anno Gockel - 1630]|
|S2||STAGE2||Stage 2 (Treestump, behind stones) (Physical Stage)||???|
Before powering the device move slide away from stop.
After plugging in the adapter drive to left stop (socket) until switch clicks.
Then drive to opposite stop for first picture. The second picture appears on the way back.
|S3||STAGE3||Stage 3 (Big Stump, not visible directly) (Physical Stage)||???|
|Hint:||Stagedescription within Lock&Lock Contrainer on top of the treestump beneath some stones|
|S4||STAGE4||Stage 4 (Roots and Stones) (Physical Stage)||???|
Hold battery lid down using the rubber band
Please handle with care and close the container tightly afterwards.
There are no more reflectors towards the final!
|Hint:||If there's no audible click on green light, use a fresh battery!|